Home Remedy For Heartburn
Everyone will experience the occasional heartburn that is most often linked to eating spicy or hot foods. Of course, if you are experiencing reoccurring heartburn, you should see the advise of a gastroenterologist. There are many home remedies that are sufficient in treating heartburn or acid indigestion.
- Baking Soda and Water (1/2 tsp. baking soda and 8 oz. water)
- Aloe Vera Juice
- Sugar-free Chewing Gum (pop the gum in your mouth, as soon as you are done eating and chew it for 30 minutes)
- Apple Cider Vinegar (3 tsp. vinegar and 8 oz. of water)
- Gingerroot and Chamonile Tea
Monitor your diet, by avoiding chocolate, dairy products, smoking, alcohol, sodas, and spicy/acidity foods. Avoid wearing restricted clothing and eating up to 3-4 before bedtime. Stay elevated in an upright position, at least a 45 degree angle for 30 minutes after eating and frequent body position changes are very helpful in combatting heartburn.
Over the Counter Medications
- Antacids (Rolaids and Tums)
- Acid Blockers (Pepcid AC and Zantac 75)